standalone build: "checking directory exists" takes up to 2 min

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Apr 5 04:01:56 EDT 2017

Hello,

LC 8.1 – 8.1.4 and 9.0. I am on Win 10. The stack file source as well as the
standalone build directory is located on a windows server.

When building a standalone für my (complex) main application on the server
dir the standalone builder progress stopps at the stage „checking directory
exists“ for 1-2 minutes.

Building a standalone for the same stack in a local dir, it just takes
seconds. Now I could say, ok, LiveCode has to handle some network security
permissions or such for 2 mins. (btw. It is the same using a UNC path or
mapped drive)

But building any other (smaller) stack or a new test stack on the server dir
takes only seconds.

What stack parameters have an impact on “checking the build directory”? OK,
since this affects me only when building a standalone and doesn’t seem to
have any impact on the finished standalone, I probably have to put into my
trash of weired issues.

Or any idea I can check for?

Tiemo