Is there a technical difference between a RC and stable release?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Apr 5 02:25:07 EDT 2017

Hello,

I know about the life cycle dp - rc - stable release.

What I actually don't know, is there any "technical" difference behind the
scenes between a RC and a stable release? Is a RC just an approval state for
any feedback from us and could go 1:1 into a stable release, if there are no
serious new bugs? In other words, if I test my app with a RC and don't see
any bugs, which affect my app, would it be the same for me to use a RC for
an indy production, as a stable release or is there any technical difference
behind the scenes or reason for not to use a RC?

Thanks

Tiemo