use-livecode Digest, Vol 163, Issue 7

Chris hyperchris at aol.com
Tue Apr 4 14:17:22 EDT 2017

The revMail command is the same as calling a MailTo URL and so that
technique is limited by the email client's implementation of MailTo
which don't support the passing of HTML.

The best I have found is this ...

http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4071/l/13197-how-do-i-create-an-html-e-mail

  ... which works. It just requires you to setup and use Thunderbird
because that client includes a little helper app inside the package that
accepts additional parameters.

I too would appreciate other suggestions. Please share !

Note that the other way to go is to get one of the SMTP libraries and
communicate directly with the server. In that case, you assemble
everything (eg the MIME type) and send it over. Authentication can be a
challenge.