Gradients with transparency?

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Apr 3 05:37:00 EDT 2017

Is it possible to have a gradient with one of its end-points being transparent instead of a solid colour?

I want to overlay a graphic with a vertical gradient that blends from transparent to white to give the effect that the underlying content is fading out as you move down the screen. I’m able to achieve this effect using a black and white linear gradient in combination with the blendScreen ink but I need to be able to export the object (gradient plus underlying controls) as an image keeping the effect intact. When I export it now the ink effect is lost.

Terry...