tsNet docs?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Apr 2 18:23:18 EDT 2017

Charles Warwick wrote:

 > Firstly my apologies on the lack of documentation, it is definitely
 > on my todo list and I am working on some Livecode lessons for tsNet
 > at the moment.

Looking forward to them - thanks.

 > I have just double checked that stack and noticed that the call to
 > tsNetUploadSync is using the wrong syntax (it changed at one point)
 > which could be causing you issues.
 >
 > An updated version is now available at that same URL with the
 > corrected the syntax for that call and another button so that there
 > are now examples for both uploading via SFTP and FTPS.
 >
 > These should work correctly on Indy and I have confirmed that here.

Thanks.  I'm no longer getting the license error with either FTPS or
SFTP, and indeed I was able to upload a file with FTPS so that much is good.

With SFTP, however, I'm getting weird results, something I've never seen
before, like LC is in some sort of semi-hung state.

I fill in the relevant fields, click "SFTP Upload Example", but then I
don't get anything in the Results field and as long as I care to wait my
CPU monitor shows LC churning up about 23%, but there's no visible
indication that anything's happening.

Hoping to explore the script to guess what might be happening, I found I
could switch tool modes and right-click on the button, but when I select
"Edit Script" in the popup button nothing happens.

At that point some things are unresponsive, others eventually become
responsive after long delays, and -- weirdest of all - after I quit C
it's still shown as a process in my process list.

This is on Ubuntu 14.04, with LC v9 DP6.

Any other info I can provide?  Should I file a formal bug report on this?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems