Make substack a mainstack?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Sep 26 10:12:32 EDT 2016

Alan wrote:

 > Using LC 8.1, if I get the stack properties for a sub-stack, I can no
 > longer set the substacks mainStack property to be itself - i.e.
 > making it an independent stack. This used to be possible in previous
 > versions.
 >
 > Is this a bug or is there another method of doing it these days?

Everything in the IDE is scripted, so anything you've seen the IDE do is
something you can also do.

If you clone a substack it'll create a new copy with no filename
attached to it.  You can then delete the original, rename the clone, and
use File->Save, which will prompt you to set a file name for it.

You may also be able to use the mainstack stack property for that.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems