How to stop LoveCode running in Edit mode

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 22:09:41 EDT 2016

8 days and no one actually answered your question. Hopefully you've
already figured it out.

No, nothing has changed. It all depends on what events you're using to
trigger scripts. i.e. mouseEnter will trigger a message when ever the
mouse enters the boundary of the object, no matter Pointer or Browser
mode. It has to be that way if you think about it - how would LiveCode
work if all messages stopped when you entered Edit mode?  During
development you may need to 'Suspend Messages' (Development menu) so
you can drag things around etc.

As for the humorous responses these raise a question I've often
wondered. How do you pronounce LiveCode. Do you rhyme Live with give
or hive? I've always thought LiveCode's slogan should be 'If you Live
Code, then LiveCode' - the first Live rhyming with give, the 2nd with
hive.