Waiting for the train

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu Sep 22 16:13:18 EDT 2016

You probably want to restructure your handler, so that instead of a
repeat loop, it calls itself using send <message> in <time>

So something like:

local KOUNT

on startMyThing
  put 1 into KOUNT
  send "doMyThing" to me
end startMyThing

on doMyThing
   add 1 to KOUNT
   if KOUNT <= 1003 then send "doMyThing" to me in 18000 ticks
end doMyThing

You kick it off by calling startMyThing to initialize things and then it
keep calling itself (doMyThing) every 5 minutes until KOUNT exceed 1003.
All other messages - menu items, mouse clicks, etc. should be handled
normally.