Export PNG with alpha channel/mask

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu Sep 22 11:02:16 EDT 2016

I want to compose an image using a bunch of LC objects, then export a PNG,
with an alpha channel containing a mask (ideally > 1 bit, but that part's not
critical).

The documentation for export snapshot is not very clear. I've tried things
like exporting a transparent group containing some objects; the PNG was just
filled with black where there were no objects.

There is an option "with mask xx", but it appears that this is only for PBM
format - and in any case I can't make it work.

Is there any way to do this?

TIA

Ben