LiveCode interface to SCORM /LIT

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Tue Sep 20 15:09:10 EDT 2016

Martin:
It’s actually LTI here is a link:
http://www.imsglobal.org/activity/learning-tools-interoperability <http://www.imsglobal.org/activity/learning-tools-interoperability>

There is another protocol that is getting support in the US called “Common Cartridge”. Link:
https://www.imsglobal.org/cc/ccfaqs.html#37 <https://www.imsglobal.org/cc/ccfaqs.html#37>

Common cartridge seems to have been built in response to the shortcomings of SCORM. SCORM is most useful for training, while Common Cartridge and LTI are more oriented toward higher ed, with more features necessary for assessment of student learning.

If an investment is to be made in developing software to interface with an LMS, I hope they can interface with a variety of popular platforms, like Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas, and others I haven’t come across.

Best,
Bill