What's everyone working on this month? (September 2016)

Tore Nilsen tore.nilsen at me.com
Mon Sep 19 15:24:34 EDT 2016

> 19. sep. 2016 kl. 20.42 skrev William Prothero <prothero at earthednet.org>:
>
> Tor:
> Since you mention an LMS, I’m wondering if you have successfully implemented an interface to an LMS using LTI or SCORM protocols. Or, more concisely, how do you handle the interface to your LMS?
> Best,
> Bill

I do not handle it very well I am afraid. At our school we use "it’s learning”, a Norwegian web based LMS, that is universally hated by anyone who appreciates good application design and good user experiences.

This LMS is so bloated that I do not try to communicate with it at all, other than passing a link to the appropriate task, which my students can then use to upload their work. When they have completed the task, the application will both open the appropriate folder on the students machine, and the page for handing in the task in the LMS. They can then drag and drop the task to hand it in. So this is very basic and rudimentary, but it works in its own limited way.

Regards,
Tore