error building iOS standalone with LiveCode 8.1

Chris Sheffield cs_livecode at icloud.com
Mon Sep 19 14:01:06 EDT 2016

I’m hoping someone can help with this.

I just fired up LiveCode 8.1 this morning to create a new app build for a landscape app that has the “cropped” issue in iOS 10. I am getting an error at the point that the app gets signed:

codesigning failed with Warning: —resource-rules has been deprecated in Max OS X >= 10.10!
[path to my app]: resource fork, Finder information, or similar detritus not allowed

I did a little digging and it sounds like, in an Xcode project at least, it’s simply a matter of removing the path to the ResourceRules.plist file in the project settings. I went and tried doing what I thought would be the equivalent in LiveCode and I commented out the lines pertaining to this file in the Settings.plist file, but that didn’t do the trick.

Has anyone run into this one? I really need to get this figured out asap. Even if it can be solved with a temporary workaround, that’d be great.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Sheffield