Algoritm for RGB Values for Color Wheel

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Mon Sep 12 11:36:07 EDT 2016

I think when I looked into this
I found there wasn’t any predicable
logic to this.  You just have to look
up the values for the colors you want.

I suppose you could create a table
for just the colors you need and then
make your selection based on your table.

I found this on Wikipedia:

The web-safe color <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web-safe_colors> palette consists of the 216 (63) combinations of red, green, and blue where each color can take one of six values (in hexadecimal <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal>): #00, #33, #66, #99, #CC or #FF (based on the 0 to 255 range for each value discussed above). These hexadecimal values = 0, 51, 102, 153, 204, 255 in decimal, which = 0%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100% in terms of intensity.

There is more information there and I imagine
there are probably even better resources/explanations
you’ll find when you search for them.

Good luck!

Rick