Strategies to test stacks in different platforms

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Sep 10 17:09:28 EDT 2016

On 9/10/16 2:14 PM, Alejandro Tejada wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In this moment, I am testing an application
> (saved as an stack, not an executable)
> in Linux and Windows.
>
> As professional developers, many of you
> have to do this every day.
>
> Could you share some true and tried strategies
> to test stacks as users (not as developers)
> in different platforms?

I wrote this almost 20 years ago for the AOL HC forum, but it still applies:
<http://www.hyperactivesw.com/resources_testing.html>

Really the only way to test thoroughly is to find someone else to do it,
someone who has never seen your stack before. As a developer, you know
too much to test in an unbiased way. Also, watching a new user try to
figure out what to do will tell you a lot about your interface.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com