Threading (plus random question)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 8 15:38:27 EDT 2016

Monte Goulding wrote:

 >> On 9 Sep 2016, at 2:40 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >>
 >> Personally I prefer SuperCard's Cmd-[ and Cmd-]
 >
 > I have plans for to use those for in/outdent which they are commonly
 > used for. Particularly in multiline comments but also when auto
 > format is off.

In a word processor I wrote for a client we used Tab for that, and
Shift+Tab for outdent.

But since the SE has used Tab for handler reformatting, I suppose it
wouldn't work there.

Speaking of:  I dislike being overwhelmed with too many Prefs settings
as much as teams hate the technical debt they impose, but  -

I wonder if it makes sense to add some sort of option to stop the
real-time reformatting so I can type at my natural speed without waiting
for LC to finish figuring out how it thinks my typing should be altered.

It's not that I type that fast, but the SE works *really* hard trying to
second-guess what I'm doing.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems