List Field - Outline - Sub-Levels

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Sep 7 21:53:38 EDT 2016

Has anyone wired up a script for a list field that automatically will create outline indents with the next indent style

I'm document more of my own procedures right in side LiveCode fields, but would like some better outlining options.

e.g. I can take a list of instructions for some content operations like this and run a script

on mouseUp
   repeat with x = 1 to the number of lines of fld "documentation"
      set the liststyle of line x of fld "documentation" to "decimal"
   end repeat
end mouseUp

and when you start adding lines it behaves nicely…
but if you want to indent and switch to

1) Top Level Entries
	i) second level entries
              a) third level entries

it's not automatic… of course somewill say this is a perfect case for a widget… but I'm wondering if anyone has already write a field script that traps for the tab key and switch the list style on the fly… or something like that.  Below is an overview of a series of operations, some of these have more detail for work at each stage that I need to document. Of course I could to this in some other program, Google Docs, or OmniOutliner, but having it in LC itself is useful because these operation usually refer to buttons on the UI that so the work.

1. Rename all folders to meeting your criteria. Be very careful as you will live with these for a longtime.
2. Create folders for all images and move the images into those folders in preparation for upload.
3. Do one set/category at time
4. get the list of the folder names
5. post as text file on server
6. upload folders/files FTP
7. run script to make records
8. dump the record ID's
9. save as text to disk
10. get format rect and
11. upload to format table
12. get category ID's
13. insert records into category_item table with appropriate categories for that upload

Repeat for each set of images in a given category

-------

I'm thinking someone must have already written this… seems like a common requirement.