System date

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 14:36:40 EDT 2016

You should have taken a bit longer to read the documention, this:

on mouseUp
    set the useSystemDate to true
    put the long date into fld "fDATE"
end mouseUp

returned this:

вторник, септември 6, 2016

as I am using a machine running Xubuntu 16.04 64-bit with the system
date system running
in Bulgarian - mainly because I live and work on Bulgaria.

Richmond.