How to tell the engine version of a Windows standalone?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Mon Sep 5 06:09:06 EDT 2016

On 04/09/2016 23:19, Colin Holgate wrote:
> Open with a hex editor, and search for Win32€€€. One of the two matches has the LiveCode version following it.

Hi Colin,

Thanks for this - looks like an excellent method but AFAICT this only works
for more recent versions (i.e. works for LC8, doesn't work for LC6, I'm
looking at something like LC3-LC5....!

Anyone know a way that works with older versions?

(Also thanks Andy and Phil; as well as adding the logo, I updated the logger
to include the engine version as well as my build number - some of my other
apps have done this for years, alas this one didn't...)

Many thanks,

Ben