libURL gone mad

ahsoftware ahsoftware at sonic.net
Fri Sep 2 17:09:02 EDT 2016

On 09/02/2016 10:15 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Phil Davis wrote:
>
>> Richard,
>> You could always write yourself a curl wrapper... just sayin'.
>
> Good for OS X; doable on Linux if I wrap shell calls to wget instead
> (seems many Debian-based distros include wget but not curl by default);
> non-starter on Windows since I don't believe either is included by
> default, are they?

I've been off the list for a while, so I don't know the context of this
discussion (but I'm not letting that hold me back)...

That seems to be the case: you either get wget or curl by default with
whatever OS you're using, but not both. On the other hand, I avoid both
of those in favor of httpie on all platforms.

https://github.com/jkbrzt/httpie

--
   Mark Wieder
   ahsoftware at gmail.com