IDE puzzler...

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Fri Sep 2 14:04:35 EDT 2016

So I just wasted an hour tracking down a sort of "problem" that was not
really a problem.

My desktop app has printing and selecting "Print..." from the File menu
of my app was doing the "right" think, but Comand/Control-P was not.

Sadly, it took me a whole hour to realize that the Command-P was being
passed to the IDE and invoking the IDE's File > Print Card... menu item,
which looked enough like a very old version of our printing code in this
case to make me think that tons of recent changes had someone "been undone".

So, problem solved in once sense in that when the Standalone gets built,
Command/Control-P will end up invoking my printer code, but the IDEs.

But, here is the puzzler, is there a way to tell the IDE to NOT handle
menu keyboard equivalents and send those keyboard commands to the
Applications menu so that all the functions of the App's menu can really
be tested in the IDE?

I could see nothing in Preferences.