Figuring out what type of text is on the clipboard, and ascii filtering

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Fri Oct 28 14:17:28 EDT 2016

Dr Hawkins,

I don't know if you heard about this in another thread, but perhaps this
simple tool I created will help with at least what's coming into your
clipboard(s).
As you can see, there's a whole lot of other stuff that comes in on the RAW
clipboard data array. I'd never seen these before I added the RAW...

go URL "http://fulton.barncard.com/downloads/livecode/clipboardTest.livecode
"

(Richard - I have the cert attached to the location above but not decided
if that is the final resting place...)
sqb

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 10:48 AM, Dr. Hawkins <dochawk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to filter potentially unknown source pasted
> text into plain 7 bit ASCII.
>
> Working on a mac, for example, the incoming text might be:
>
>    - Honest ASCII
>    - Apple 8 bit extended characters
>    - MS characters from a Word document created on MS
>    - Who knows what coming from a virtual machine
>    - HTML clipped from a browser
>    - "moronized" text pasted from MS word to a website, then clipped by a
>    user
>    - who knows what else?

Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
mixstream.org