How to assign Hi-DPI images as button icons?

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Fri Oct 28 05:37:44 EDT 2016

On 28/10/2016 10:29, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I made my first tests on windows with 2 sets of images, standard and
> @extra-high, which works fine.
>
> What I don't see is, how to assign two sets of images as button icons for
> each state of the button. I can't refer button icons to an external
> filename, only to images, which are imported anywhere in the stack. Do I
> miss anything here?

No, you didn't miss anything!

> The only way I see is to create for each button and state of button one
> hidden image object with a link to an external (standard-) image, and link
> each button icon to one of these images. Is this the straight forward way to
> work with hi res button icons?

When I have done this in the past, I have added an extra card to the
stack with all of the images I use (linked to external image files), and
then link the buttons to the appropriate images.

                              Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Technical Project Manager