Problems with LC 9.0.0 (dp 1)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Oct 26 17:41:30 EDT 2016

Henry wrote:

 > The missing images issue has been resolved. Looks like LC requires
 > relative file paths to image files used within mobile apps. When I
 > use the IDE to set the source file of an image object, LC stores the
 > absolute path to the image on disk:
 >
 > e.g. /Users/username/Documents/Livecode/LC
 > Projects/myProject/images/myImage.png
 >
 > The absolute path works in the iOS emulator but not on the device.
 > Manually changing the paths to relative paths in the image object
 > source field within the IDE solves the problem:
 >
 > e.g. ./images/myImage.png
 >
 > Can't remember if this is a known issue/feature?  In LC Preferences
 > under 'Files & Memory' there is an option to 'Always use absolute
 > file paths for images' but that doesn't seem to have any effect.

If a feature does nothing it should either be removed or fixed.  If you
see that it does nothing in v9 please report it.

I would hope the default is to use relative paths.  Absolute paths are
very rarely useful, because as soon as you run the stack on nearly any
other machine it'll break.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems