How do I codesign an App?

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Wed Oct 26 14:40:16 EDT 2016

Trevor:
I tried your codesigning livecode app. First  I signed it with App Wrapper3, to make sure I had a good certificate. Then I tried it with your stack, using the same certificate:

I tried it using different certificate names, but basically the response was the same.

I got the response below:

chmod -R u+rw "/Users/prothero/Desktop/Plate Tectonics Explorer-V8/Plate Tectonics Explorer-V8/Plate Tectonics Explorer-V8.app"

xattr -rc "/Users/prothero/Desktop/Plate Tectonics Explorer-V8/Plate Tectonics Explorer-V8/Plate Tectonics Explorer-V8.app"

codesign --verbose --force -s "Developer ID Application: 3rd Party Mac Developer Application" "/Users/prothero/Desktop/Plate Tectonics Explorer-V8/Plate Tectonics Explorer-V8/Plate Tectonics Explorer-V8.app/Contents/MacOS/Externals/revbrowser.bundle/Contents/MacOS/revbrowser"

codesign process failed: Developer ID Application: 3rd Party Mac Developer Application: no identity found

The App Wrapper installer gave me:
link to image:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/puiwpraqaewtu23/AppWrapperWindow.png?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/puiwpraqaewtu23/AppWrapperWindow.png?dl=0>

Thanks for providing this stack. I hope this helps and if you need any other info, let me know.
.
Best,
Bill