Regular Expressions in IDE

Peter Reid preid at reidit.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 12:39:51 EDT 2016

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get guidance notes for the regular expression find & replace in the IDE script editor.  In particular, what is the syntax for using remembered groups in the replacement string.  For example, I was trying the following:

	Find:	"([a-zA-Z]+)_([a-zA-z]+)"

	Replace:	"\1+\2"

The above works fine in TextWrangler and the Find works OK in the IDE, however the "\1" and "\2" parts are not delivering the 1st & 2nd remembered groups and I just get those particulare characters inserted instead!?

It's a bit disappointing that advanced editing in the IDE isn't covered very well in the documentation, or perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place!

Peter
--
Peter Reid
Loughborough, UK