override HTTPS certificate failure

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Oct 25 10:21:32 EDT 2016

If an "https" site has a misconfigured certificate, most browsers will tell
you what the problem is - and generally give you an option (more or less
hidden) to ignore the warning and load the resource anyway.

application verification failure".

Is there any way to override the normal test in LC, as one can in a browser,
to request that the resource be returned anyway?

(The specific issue here is that the certificate has been issued for
"www.domain.com", but is being used to certify
"internaltempmachine.internal.domain.com", but I suppose the question is quite
general.)

I'd be most keen to hear if there is a solution using libURL; but if there
isn't, but there is a way using tsNet, that would be good to know.

TIA,

Ben