What do I have to prepare if enabling Hi-DPI scaling for Win standalone?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Oct 24 05:42:24 EDT 2016

Hello,

Up to now I haven't enabled the Hi-DPI scaling for Windows standalones and
since I don't have a hi-dpi monitor I can't test the difference of my
standalones.

Do I have to prepare anything different, if I enable the hi-DPI scaling? Is
it necessary to exchange all images by images with higher resolution?
(180dpi instead of 96 dpi, though dpi actually is a thing for print work?)

I assume if I would show my existing program (non-hi-dpi) on a high DPI
monitor, all images will look blurred. But will they look sharper, if I keep
all images and just enable hi-DPI scaling without any new images? And is it
recommended to enable it by default? (If yes, why do we have this option at
all and it is not fixed standard?)

Any insights and experiences welcome

Tiemo