palette causing reload of a separate stack?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 15:05:06 EDT 2016

I have a control stack mcp which operates the other stacks, etc.

Upon using version 8, a line of  "palette chStk", where chStk holds the
long id of another stack, consistently causes a dialog box of "A stack
"mcp" is already in memory.  The LiveCode UI . . ., etc."

I've tried single-stepping into that pallete line, but I land on the next
line, without even hitting the openStack and resumeStack handlers of the
library, or the openStack or resumeStack handlers of the opened card.

This seems to be a bug, but there must be something more, or we would be
flooded with reports.

This happens under both 7 & 8, but suddenly cropped up in a section of code
that hasn't been touched for months.

What else should I be looking at that could be triggering this?

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462