[ANN] Release 9.0 DP 1

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 15:47:25 EDT 2016

So; oddly enough I spent about an hour messing around with LC 9.0 DP 1 today
and experienced a measured bit of pleasure (stlll do not like the Props
palette that
replaced that in LC 7 and backwards) as everything (on my Linux boz at
least) seemed
*considerably less arthritic than LC 8* was, even if not quite up to
speed in comparison
with LC 7.

Still NO dictionary accessible from the IDE with either the Community or
the Indy builds
for 64 bit Linux.

What I did notice as I did a "Save As" was that I was offered the chance
to save in "Legacy 8.0" format
which seemed to imply that LC 9 enjoys (?) a new file format, but I
couldn't find any mention of that
in the release notes . . . would be glad of a comment re that from the
Mothership, please.

Richmond.