insane time to comment out hundreds or thousands of lines

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Tue Oct 18 10:01:50 EDT 2016

I was on 6.7.6 up to 4 weeks ago. There was some pain but not as bad as I thought. The hardest part was getting started. I am working with 20k+ lines of code. I still have some issues and submitted bug reports but have been able to work around them. Many have already been fixed. The LC team has been very responsive to bug reports. I was lamenting when 6 and 7 were EOLed but it is very noticeable that those resources were allocated to LC 8 bug fixes. LC 8 is MUCH faster than LC 7 very close for my apps to LC6. The LC 8 IDE has been more stable than 6.7.x. I just commented out 9k lines in 6 seconds and un-commented them in 9 seconds in LC 8.1.1 rc2 on a Win 10 VM.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net