where files are copied to in a Mac standalone - changed in 8.1?

Curtis Ford curt at sonasoftware.com
Thu Oct 13 19:17:12 EDT 2016

I've been doing a number of modules for a client that include a few
dozen sound files in a folder "media." In the stack script I have used:

on setgMediaPath

globalgMediaPath

settheitemDelimitertoslash
puttheeffectivefileNameofthisstackintogMediaPath
deletethelastitemofgMediaPath

putgMediaPath & slash& "media"& slashintogMediaPath

end setgMediaPath

When I was making the first set (back in LiveCode 6?), they were saved
in the bundle in Contents > MacOS > media.

I've just made a new module for this client with largely the same code;
now LiveCode 8.1 saves the files in Contents > Resources > _MacOS > media.

So the standalone doesn't find the sound files unless I move them
manually after doing 'show contents' in the Finder.

Is this a bug, or should I be setting the path differently now?

thanks,

Curt

--
Sent from Postbox