iOS browser widget : prevent scroll bouncing ?

Yann Le Bihan yann.le-bihan at wanadoo.fr
Wed Oct 12 12:32:05 EDT 2016

Hi all,

For the needs of my current project, the browser widget is used a lot for the UI and should not have the default scroll bouncing behaviour, which doesn't make it feel "app-like" enough.

I tried some classical javascript/css approaches that work well on web pages (preventing default on the touchmove event, setting the body's position to "fixed") but with no success, neither did I find an answer in the various LiveCode sources I searched. All I know for the moment is that the iOS API allows to disable this feature, since a Unity mobile webview plugin I own does it by default.

Would anybody know if there is a solution to have this control stay in place whatever the scrolling gestures, and handle those events only for interacting with the content ?

Thanks very much in advance,

Yann Le Bihan