hide with visual effect

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Oct 11 16:56:56 EDT 2016

> On Oct 11, 2016, at 2:50 PM, Mike Kerner <MikeKerner at roadrunner.com> wrote:
>
> Devin, I should have mentioned this, but I made my dialog translucent, so
> the scroll down effect won't look right since it causes the underlying card
> to slide into view, when what I'm trying to get is the effect of the
> overlay sliding out of the way.  If I was "pushing" the card out of view
> with the dialog, yes.

Oh, yeah, I see the problem. I had a similar problem once, and like you say, the graphic effect wasn’t quite right because the underlying stuff showed through the thing I was “sliding” onto and off of the card. What I ended up having to do was to take a snapshot image of the translucent group, then do the transition effect using the image. Even though the content of the image was some controls that were translucent, the resultant image snapshot image was opaque, so it worked the way I wanted.

Hope I’m reading right what you’re trying to do.

Devin

Devin Asay
Director
Office of Digital Humanities