Understanding 'the defaultStack'

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Oct 10 11:56:17 EDT 2016

On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 3:52 PM, Dave Kilroy <dave at applicationinsight.com>
wrote:

> On 10/9/2016 9:35 PM, Paul Dupuis wrote:
> > Some long time ago, someone on this list suggested a control block such
> > as "using <objectReference>" ... "end using"
> >
> > Where any object references in the block would always be evaluated
> > relative to the object referred to in the start of the using block.
> > So:
> >
> > using card 3 of stack "X"
> >   put the label of btn "A" into myVar
> > end using

I like the idea of a block like this.

Really I want all code in my UI stacks to ALWAYS use the stack they are
attached to as the default stack in cases where a stack isn't provided in
the object reference. I too have seen "can't find object" errors occur in
code that executes in my UI after displaying a modal dialog to the user.

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps