[ ANN ] Release 8.1.1 RC-1

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Oct 10 11:33:55 EDT 2016

Clarence P Martin wrote:

 >> I have downloaded the new RC for LiveCode, just to see if the
 >> Executable Applications Settings work. They work better but there
 >> are still problems in removing stacks and sub-stacks.
 > I take this back. I rechecked and things do work.
 > Sorry for raising a False Flag.

No worries; thanks for the update.

This is a good example of why I prefer to do most of my daily work with
the most recent release.  The team's been making good progress on
reported issues, and more often than not when I use the latest build I
find things I'd reported against earlier versions now addressed.

And in those cases where an older issue remains present, being able to
confirm that an issue hasn't been addressed through changes to related
subsystems is sometimes also useful to note in that report.

A tool like LC is complex stuff, in many ways far more like an OS than
any consumer app.  And like every OS, or really any non-trivial
software, there will be bugs.  Working with the latest release offers us
the clearest expression of the most recent state of the code base,
greatly empowering both community members and core dev team members to
identify and prioritize remaining work.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems