Understanding 'the defaultStack'

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 17:08:39 EDT 2016

I have a stack that in one place and one place only when the script calls for “ask … with … as sheet” sheets the ask dialog and then it promptly loses focus. If I try to type a replacement for the default text or hit <return> to affirm the default text, nothing happens — the dialog has lost focus as one can see by the hilite color for the text and the lack of blue background for the “OK” button. I have to click in the text field, then do what I want with the dialog. Have not tracked this down. At this point I can’t recall which “ask…” command this occurs in so I can post that section of script, but it only happens in that one place. I don’t know if this is related to the defaultstack issue.

— Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com