Could not create movie reference

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Oct 7 11:10:54 EDT 2016

Hello,

I have a user on OS X 10.11.5, where my LC 6 program can't play anymore any
video.

The program was installed on the same machine with the same user and run
fine for a while and from now to then, when launching a video my program
throws the error "Could not create movie reference"

Since it is a program which runs at a lot of other users since years without
any problem, I don't want to search for the problem in my code. It must
happened something very strange on that particular machine. The user swears,
that he has nothing changed on that machine from the one day to the other.

My question is, has anybody ever come over this message on a Mac, which was
not related to a coding issue? Could it be a corruption of Quicktime? On a
Mac?

Thanks for any ideas, what I could check with the customer

Tiemo