Speech to Text...

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Mon Oct 3 10:10:34 EDT 2016

The current OCR thread on this list, prompted me to ask a questions I've
been meaning to post for some time:

Has anyone out there tried using CMU Sphinx
(http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/) with live code to perform *any* sort
of speech to text work, whether that is feeding a prerecorded file
through pocketsphinx or processing audio in real time?

I am interested in Sphinx because it is open source and cross-platform
vs trying to hook into Apple Dictate on OSX and Windows Speech
Recognition on Windows and yet something else for other platforms.
However, if someone knows of some OTHER free cross-platform speech
recognition system, I'd be interested in hearing about it. Google is
cross-platform, being hosted, but is commercial for any volume over x
minutes per month (I think 60).

I'd be very interested in hearing about any work any one may be doing in
this area on or off list.