Modern email library

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Wed Nov 30 12:29:35 EST 2016

It always depends on how you use such libraries or externals.

The new tsNET external allows us for example to send notification emails from our scheduled unattended maintenance tools using our own in-house mailserver. Our mailserver requests authentication from our apps  before sending out to external addresses.
This works really smooth. What other possibilities would we have? We could create a web service to which we would post the notifications and then let the web service send out the emails for us using the web servers smtp. We did so in the past.
But tsNet is much better.

Matthias