My own productivity app

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Nov 29 15:14:41 EST 2016

On 11/28/16 9:29 PM, Terry Vogelaar wrote:
<snippage>
> All of them help users to have productive time and leisure time. But
> if I would run all three, there would be no agreement between them
> when I should have my break.
>
> The latter app made me realise I could create my own. Any programmer
> could make that. But ideally I would want to integrate what makes the
> other two apps great. I want the activity detection that MacBreakZ
> has and the distraction-restriction (hey)Focus offers. Would an app
> made in LiveCode be able to do that? If so, how?

The problem I see here is that LC has no knowledge of what other apps
are in use, and provides no feedback when it isn't the frontmost app.
There may be shell calls you could use to get some of the information,
but I kind of doubt there's a way to monitor keystrokes and that sort of
thing.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com