Widget request (native text scroller for iOS)

John Allijn john.allijn.lc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 13:24:08 EST 2016

Hi Richard,
I don't think it's a bug. It's just me not being a very skilled programmer :)
Thats why I choose livecode.
The thing is that native mobile objects are almost completely implemented by code. Where as desktop objects can be dragged into a stack and than be accessed and updated by code. It is my personal opinion that a text field that I drag into a stack should behave as a native mac field on the mac and a native 'scroller' on iOS. And as a programmer in livecode I should benefit from the code-once-deploy-everywhere features of livecode.
I understand that the implementation of fields in livecode is not yet at this point. And to be fair: it has come a long way in very short time. The fact that I can build an app for iOS with livecode is amazing.
However I use text fields a lot and I find the process of creating, scrolling and updating them for iOS way to complex. So I was hoping that someone else things so to and had a widget built for it :)
Best regards
John.