LC 9 has all the improvements of the LC 8.1 series, yes?

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Tue Nov 29 08:20:32 EST 2016

On 29/11/2016 13:15, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:
> And additionally I would like to know, what caused a new first number? Why
> not 8.2? What is the relevant change to make a new major version? Concerning
> compatibility?

Hi Tiemo,

 From LiveCode 9 onwards, we will use a simplified numbering scheme:

- If we add anything new or make any backward-incompatible change:
increment first number, reset second number to 0

- If we fix bugs in a backwards-compatible way: keep first number,
increment second number

I explained this in the blog post that I wrote about the LiveCode 9 DP 1
release: https://livecode.com/whats-new-in-livecode-9-dp-1/

The new features in LiveCode 9 will include Infinite LiveCode
capability, with _at least_ the ability to integrate LCB code directly
with Java libraries (such as Android APIs).

                                                       Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Technical Project Manager