Widget request (native text scroller for iOS)

John Allijn john.allijn.lc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 07:22:24 EST 2016

Hello,

Most of the time when I work on an iOS app, I run into problems with scrollers, fields that scroll their contents over the screen.

Usually I have just one scrollable field on a card with variable text in it. Most often this text is downloaded from a database and I just put the plain text into this field.

Most often, the field does not scroll, does not show up, won’t display all the content, runs over the boundaries that I’ve set or is just badly positioned.

The last few apps I made, I worked around this problem by designing my app around it. (splitting the text in chunks that are big enough to display and using swipes to go to the next card with more content) but this has been annoying me ever since.

I was wondering if someone had, or was willing to make, a livecode widget for a scrolling field. That way we can all just drag it in the project, fill it with text and get some sleep again :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
best regards,
John.