[OT] Hosed Xubuntu system

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 14:38:47 EST 2016

No: the root account was not enabled, and as the thing won't boot there
is no way one can tell
if a password has been changed.

Running *extundelete* from a live disk keeps giving this sort of
message on all the partitions of all the disks inside the machine:

Failed to restore inode 11796494 to file
RECOVERED_FILES/file.11796494:Unable to set proper file size (enormous
numner in brackets)

Prior to that extundelete shows that it *can* see files on the disk
partitions.

Richmond.