[ANN] Order Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner now!

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 25 02:49:06 EST 2016

I bought the first edition and thought it absolutely excellent.  The only
section that could have been made more accessible was on arrays.  People
have a real conceptual difficulty with them, or some do, and its very hard
to explain.  There comes a moment when you realise that there is nothing
really to be puzzled about, but before that they just stare at you and from
time to time ask, but what is it, exactly?

You soon find that explaining it in terms of three D spreadsheets does not
help, because in short order you are asking them to visualize four and five
and more dimensions, which leads to more agonised stares.

But with this small reservation, that this section could benefit from some
expansion, I thought it was excellent, well recommended.

It might be better to refer to them as 'editions' rather than 'printings',
when the text is revised.  Just a suggestion.