JavaScript + LC HTML5 = LiveCode.js

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Thu Nov 24 23:34:36 EST 2016

I too never quite understood why the RevWeb Plugin was abandoned. The old issue that users resist such downloads, never, IMHO, really materialized… just look at the kJillion extensions for FireFox or Chrome, there is no end in sight.

So the plugin was abandoned, but in the end, hasn't  the team has built the same thing?

 Enscripten with a wrapper for LC?

But instead of being able to deliver that as a "player"  … now the user is forced to download that entire source code with each and every Html5 app built with LC.

I get of course that the framework of the RevWeb Plugin was a completely different architecture… and moving to JS means the browser as an "OS" will be more "at peace with the code,"  so to speak, but yet, why could it not be externalized as a plug-in/helper/player?

I must be very naïve and missing something….perhaps security issues require us to bundle the code with each app, so that 3rd parties can't hack the player for nefarious ends… as Mark says: legions are trying to find ways to break through to your HD…

BR