Shell Command and cURL

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Thu Nov 24 08:39:33 EST 2016

Hi Richard and Mark,

Thanks for responding.

Richard, I had tinkered with Put and libURLDownloadToFile or whatever version of libURL was available in version 7.1 (I have only today updated to 8.1.2) but the problem with those commands is that they need to make a connection or call (not sure of the proper terminology) to the remote server for every file (say, by using a Repeat For Each loop), and the server cuts me off after a random number of files. cURL makes just one connection or keeps one connection open, and it has worked like a charm.

Thanks for the heads up about rsync. I hadn’t heard of it, so I’ll do my homework.

Thanks for the script, Mark. Shell scripts will definitely be a new venture for me.

Regards,

	Gregory