Installing LiveCode Server on a Microsoft Azure Bitnami LAMP stack

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 07:46:00 EST 2016

Dave

> On 24 Nov 2016, at 19:46, Dave Kilroy <dave at applicationinsight.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> I’ve contracted a smashing guy with great server experience but who is new to LiveCode install LiveCode Server on a Microsoft Azure Bitnami LAMP stack for me - and it’s great working with someone who knows what they’re doing
>
> However we’re stuck - could you clever people have a look at this thread http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=28354&p=148772#p148772 <http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=28354&p=148772#p148772> and pass on your suggestions as to how to get it working?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Dave

It might be the Apache is being fussy about the lack of a trailing “/“ in the Script Alias or giving the name of an executable when a directory is required.

These are the relevant parts of the config I use happily with Apache 2.4:

	ScriptAlias /livecode-cgi/ "/Users/peter/Sites/LiveCodeServer/“

	<Directory "/Users/peter/Sites/LiveCodeServer">
    		AllowOverride None
    		Options +ExecCGI
    		Require all granted
	</Directory>

	AddHandler lcscript .lc
	Action lcscript /livecode-cgi/livecode-server

Hope this helps.

Peter