[ANN] New Menu Shortcut Plugin available [Was - GUI Design Tasks Send Back - Bring Forward]

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Tue Nov 22 22:34:18 EST 2016

This is something I have been tinkering with for a while, so I spent most of today testing and polishing the stack to the point where it’s now useable as a plugin, so I’ve uploaded it to the LiveCode Share portal.

From within Livecode 8 or 9 go to the Sample Stacks menu and search for, Shortcuts

The title of the stack is, LC Menu Shortcuts

The web link is:

http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/813/LC-Menu-Shortcuts <http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/813/LC-Menu-Shortcuts>

My implementation doesn’t use the method that Ali suggests below, but it’s close. I’ve been testing it for a while now and so far it’s been pretty robust. The stack is best used as a plugin loaded at startup, it adds 17 possible new shortcuts to the LC menus, plus 2 more that already work but don’t show in the menus, so they can be made to show their shortcuts.

The stack is currently only tested on Mac and is only compatible with LC 8 and 9. I would be interested to hear from any Windows and Linux users, I doubt that it’s anywhere near perfect, so I am happy to modify and update as necessary.

The stack is not locked, so feel free to edit/alter/modify/tinker as you please.

One of my main goals for creating this stack was to be able to refresh the Project Browser, so many times I run into situations where the PB doesn’t keep up with what I’m doing, but now I can just use a shortcut (Shift Cmd B), twice to close and re-open the PB and all is well, I can carry on working without interruptions.

Paul