Macintosh support

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 13:09:18 EST 2016

"nothing is stopping you from developing with LC versions prior to 9"

indeed: I'm refactoring, recoding, rejigging and generally have a "fun
time" moving my Devawriter Pro
from LiveCode 4.5 (which is seriously long in the tooth) to 8.1.1

and, as long as I can get the thing to work on Windows 10 and Mac OS
10.12 I will be
entirely happy.

The move from "set the unicodeText" to a universal "set the text" is
Fantastic, and will keep me
very happy indeed for a very long time to come.

I cannot express how much I like not having to mess around finding
surrogate pairs for
wierd characters up in the high planes of Unicode . . . just "Wow!"

Richmond.